October 18, 2019
In for a sniff
Step inside the sweet-smelling world of the newly launched blk Scents.
The budding businesswoman gushes about her leisurely passions.
Here at Pasyal, there’s no curbing our enthusiasm in introducing places, activities and things you’ll hopefully end up loving. We think, that’s what the hashtag #ILoveAyalaMalls is all about.
To take it a notch further, we thought we’d pick the brains (and hearts!) of people you just might find familiar, inspiring or both, as they share the big and small things that make them happy in our first regular series, Things I Love.
Kicking off the series is actress and fashion week globetrotter Janine Gutierrez, whose on-screen pursuits intertwine effortlessly with her stature as one of local fashion’s young darlings.
Janine’s 2016 Cinemalaya film Dagsin—a movie in which her lead acting role won critical nods—made the shortlist as the Philippine entry for Best International Film at the 92nd Academy Awards.
Janine brought the good news with her to fashion month as she represented several international beauty brands at the New York and Paris Fashion Weeks last September, landing her on various best dressed lists in publications all over the globe.
In between her front row stints in the United States and Europe, Janine sat down with Pasyal in her newest venture as of late—her very own business.
“I’ve always wanted to start a business, but only had the time to go for it this year,” she shares. Located at Ayala Malls’ The 30th, Janine’s first ever business is a brand that has been her since she launched her career eight years ago.
Scroll down for what she decided to dip her hands into (a hint!), as well as Janine’s other joy-sparking pursuits, in the actress-businesswoman’s Things I Love.
1. “I go to Ayala 30th mainly for the cinemas—I watch a movie here every two weeks. The cinema has Potato Corner too, which I love.”
Book cinema seats to the latest movies at sureseats.com.
2. “I love Genki Sushi. I always get the seared Hokkaido scallops with pollock roe. Super specific! Genki Sushi is the only Japanese place that has that. It’s my favorite.”
Visit Genki Sushi at the second floor terrace area of Ayala Malls The 30th.
3. “I always have to grab milk tea from Serenitea. I don’t even have a particular order, I just get what my boyfriend gets.”
Visit Serenitea at the third floor of Ayala Malls The 30th.
4. “I have a lot of plants at home, so I love going to Qach to check out the plants on sale. I’ve always wanted a space that feels like I’m in a resort. It makes me feel relaxed.”
Visit Qach at the ground floor of Ayala Malls The 30th.
5. “I’m excited about my first business, my own branch of I Do Nails! We’ll be on soft opening on October 5 (Saturday). The brand has been with me since I started showbiz, when they got me as an ambassador. “
“When I was considering business ideas, I Do Nails was really the only option that stayed on my mind. [Having my nails done] is something I really enjoy, and it’s something that my friends enjoy, too.”
Visit Janine’s I Do Nails branch at the third floor of Ayala Malls The 30th. Enjoy a variety of nail and waxing services available.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.